1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Started a blog!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes – I kept mine last year! Last year’s resolution had to do with family and I definitely kept it. I love making resolutions (AKA goals) because personal development makes me happy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, a very close friend gave birth. It was a wonderful blessing!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Unfortunately, I experienced 2 deaths this year. They were hard but make you appreciate your life that much more.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Las Vegas count as a country? 😉
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
The letters “CPA” behind my name. Carrie, CPA. Catchy, huh? I’d also like to have a life, which I did not have much of during 2009 due to the aforementioned.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 12, 2009. The day I took my first CPA test and quite possibly one of the most stressful days of my life.
February 13, 2009. The day I wrote my first post.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing two of the tests for the CPA exam and getting my first freelance writing gig!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not passing more CPA tests. I have learned that I am not a quick studier. My mind wanders. It takes me time to absorb material. However, I suppose that with every failure, you learn something about yourself.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yep, unfortunately. Nothing major, but still troubling. I also had my first bout with insomnia back in April. Horrible! Luckily, sleep and I – we’re back together and have never been happier.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A trip to Vegas!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Everyone. Pass. 🙂
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lindsay Lohan. I don’t know why, but her life irritates me to no end. I want to kidnap her, shove her on a plane, fly her to a different country, get her a desk job, and never allow her back in Hollywood ever again.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Into my savings and retirement accounts! Outside of that, I spent some money on the CPA exam and study materials, Vegas, and some health stuff.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving in with Lloyd, passing the first two parts of the CPA exam, and summer. I love summer with an undying passion and it makes me so happy. I loathe winter and would be totally content if the temperature never dropped below 50 degrees ever again.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Anything Taylor Swift! That girl was everywhere this year!
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier!
b) thinner or fatter? about the same.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, definitely. This time last year, I had only $1,000 in the bank.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spent more time with friends and family. After the CPA, after the CPA.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Let my mind wander less… (see #9)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and by eating way too many sweets.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Everyday more and more. 😉
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Mad Men! Best show eva!
23. Do you hate dislike anyone now that you didn’t hate dislike this time last year?
The occasional co-worker gets to me, but nothing serious. Oh, and Jon Gosselin.
24. What was the best book you read?
I’ll never tell for fear of backlash on my blog. 😉
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lloyd’s iTunes collection. Although he is not hip to the Top 40 stuff, he has amazing taste in music in all other areas. He is my personal DJ.
26. What did you want and get?
A new computer!
27. What did you want and not get?
A CPA license.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I’m veinte-seis and I celebrated with a close group of friends.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I sound like a broken record: a CPA license.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
32. What kept you sane?
The gym (even though I’m becoming ever more short-tempered with the people at said gym…my home gym can’t get here soon enough), coffee, Lloyd, dogs (have I mentioned my infatuation with dogs? I love them and they are the sweetest creatures on the planet), and my BFF (who I can talk to about anything from completely inappropriate health issues to our obsession with Taylor Lautner’s abs).
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don Draper. Yep.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The bailout and health care.
35. Who did you miss?
My family dog.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
All of you bloggers!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Never take good health for granted. It is not unlimited.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I’m noddin’ my head like yeah, movin’ my hips like yeah” ?? 😉