Recap of what’s been going down in my life since we last spoke:
- Operation New Blog : Remember how I told you that I was planning on creating some new, grand Website to take over this little blog? Well, good news folks – Operation New Blog is officially underway! And hear this: website creating is no joke. It’s confusing, it’s time-consuming, and it’s hella-addicting. I’m pretty sure my brain has exploded 2-3 times over the past couple days. There is good news though: I love love LOVE the new bloggy and I am SO excited to share it with you! Hopefully I can get this thing all wrapped up and ready to go in the next month or so. Good things to come, peeps!
- Post-Vacation Depression: Going on vacation is like getting a new family pet. You’re so so SO excited when it first arrives that you can hardly contain yourself. But when it’s gone … it’s extremely depressing. Okay, so maybe not as depressing as losing your family pet (that’s way worse, I’ve been there), but it’s still really depressing. That first day back at work is the worst. Especially when you realize that at this exact time two days ago, you were splashing around in clear, blue, ocean waves and now you’ve got 500 stressful, over-dramatic work e-mails staring you in the face that you must reply to in a pleasant tone. It was about that time that I started wondering whether I could make a living as one of those cute cocktail waitresses that peddled drinks at the resort we stayed at in Boca.
- Netbook + Me = It’s Happening: I will have a bit of freelance income this year. Woot! Now that I’m somewhat self-employed, I need to offset that income with some business expenses. Since I’m not studying for the CPA over lunch at work anymore, it’s time to start writing. Exciting life I lead, I know. Anyways, that’s where the netbook comes in. So I can write in all sorts of places.
- Desk + Chair = Also Happening: The desk and chair set that I have at home is embarrassing to say the least. My friends gave me the desk for free because I needed something to get me through the CPA exam. It’s pretty clear why they wanted to unload it (read: it’s a piece of sh!t), but it served it’s purpose for the last year or so. Oh, yeah, and my desk chair? It’s forest green, rock hard plastic, and came from my parent’s groovy ’70s furniture collection. Okay, after reading that description, I will admit, it sounds pretty awesome. But, trust me, it’s definitely not. In fact, it looks exactly the one below, only disgusting green. Not exactly easy on the toosh after a couple of minutes, let alone a couple of hours. Now I’m in the market for a swiveling, squishy, sophisticated executive chair to go with my new, fancy desk. Hey, I’m running a business here, okay?
- Groupon and my underarms: Do you guys get Groupon? I totally get Groupon. Not because I use it or anything, but because, with it, I know I’ll get at least one e-mail everyday. Plus, it’s just fun reading about the daily deals. Today is an epic day, because Groupon is offering up an epic deal. For a mere $125, I can get my underarm hair lasered away in just 6 quick treatments! YES, PLEASE! I’ve always wanted to get my legs and underarms lasered. I absolutely despise shaving (and don’t tell me to try Nair or waxing because I’ve taken detours into both methods and I’m not a fan of either). So, I think I’m gonna go for it. If any of you readers have any experience with laser hair removal, let me know! I’d love to know if it really works before I pull the trigger and give in to Groupon.
That’s about all I have for today. Have a great weekend!