Let’s recap the test day events, shall we?
- Successfully took the epically brutal Financial CPA test on Wednesday.
- The test is 4 hours long. I left with 1 minute and 45 seconds to spare.
- The first 3 sections of the test are 30 multiple choice questions each. Rumor has it that the first section is always medium difficulty. If you do well, your next section will bump to hard difficulty. If you do bad, it will just stay with medium difficulty. This is how my multiple choice sections went: medium>>hard>>medium So, I did good on the first section, got owned on the second section, and did okay on the third section. When I saw the questions go back to medium on the third section, I felt like an idiot. I almost felt like the test was mocking me. Whatevs, CPA exam. (For the record, on my last exam, I was so outrageously prepared, that my sections went medium>>hard>>HARDEST. And I killed it. Which is why I was awarded with a 90. Booyah.)
- The last two sections are simulations which are comprised of about 6-8 mini-sections of calculations (think completing a trial balance, foreign currency translations, journal entries, statements of stockholders’ equity calculations, etc.), 2 written memos to clients, and 2 research questions. I hate to put it this way, but the last two sections basically mind-rape you. I literally buried my head in my hands during the last 30 minutes and wanted to cry. The fact that my neighboring test-taker was stinking up the room didn’t help matters much.
- I am 100% certain that I did not do as well on this test as I did on the last three tests. But I worked my butt off for 4 hours straight, so I’m happy with myself.
- If I pass, it will be a barely passing score. That’s okay. I just want a 75 and to move on with my life. I do NOT want to re-live those 240 minutes of torture ever again.
- Letting my brain decompress by enjoying a little mindless entertainment in the form of these two things:
Operation get my booty back in shape. I’m hovering around the 140 pound mark right now. Not cool. I like to hover around the 133 pound mark. That’s my goal for mid-July when our beach vacay rolls around. Have I not blogged about that? Shame on me. I’ll post about our beach vacay very soon.
Fun, fun, fun. I’ve requested from Lloyd that we do nothing but have fun (and work out) over the three days. Saturday, Sunday, Monday will be nothing but fun. Tomorrow Lloyd is taking me out (what a guy), on Sunday we are having a birthday bash/BBQ for Lloyd’s 31st birthday, and Monday we might go to the pool! Woohoo!!!!!
Operation organize my life. My apartment has become a warzone during the final throes of my studying escapade. I did a ton of work on it yesterday. It’s slowly but surely starting to look normal again. I am a bit of a neat freak and am not okay with living in clutter for very long. Watch your back, messiness! I’m coming after you!
Blog more. ‘Nuff said.
Bask in the glory of not having a dark CPA cloud hanging over my head at all times. Yesterday (the first day of no studying in over a year) was literally one of the best. days. EVER!!!!!
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!