….is to change the scenery.
I just re-positioned the recliner in my bedroom (yeah, there’s a recliner in my bedroom) to have it awkwardly facing my open window. My feet are propped up on the sill, the breeze is cooling my cheeks, and I’m hammering out government accounting rules like they’re the most interesting thing since, well, the most interesting man in the world.
Other changes of scenery I’ve been trying out lately:
- sitting on floor between coffee table/couch
- sitting on couch pillow on floor between coffee table/couch
- laying on stomach on floor in living room
- laying on stomach on bed facing the aforementioned window (and being momentarily distracted by the little girl on the balcony directly across from me pointing to a puppy walking by and repeatedly shouting “poopy! poopy!”)
- library study rooms
- sitting on table in library study rooms (totally works)
- glaring at noisy kids from library study rooms through the little glass window in the door
- deck chairs (until nasty pigeons took over and left “poopy” everywhere)
- in my car driving to work….whoopsies. (only at red lights, promise)
- conference rooms at work are excellent for hi-jacking over lunch and on breaks and after work
Is anyone still awake out there–there–there–there?
(Funny how my writing is flowing like an oil spill after giving up twitter and really focusing on my studies. Perhaps studying hardcore really gets those creative juices flowing?)