Kansas City has been experiencing some outrageous weather lately. Not outrageous in a horrible-6 inches-of-snow-on-the-first-day-of-spring-way, but outrageous in the 80-degrees-and-sunny-everyday-makes-me-so-happy sort of way.
Here are all the ways I’ve (and sometimes Lloyd joins, too) been enjoying this fabulous weather:
- getting my run (and tan) on outside (adios boremill treadmill)
- studying on the deck
- drinking wine on the deck
- chatting on the phone on the deck
- perusing the interwebs on the deck
- surveying the general neighborhood debauchery – which mainly includes little kids riding their scooters up and down the street and our neighbors taking their dogs out – from our deck
- pretty much doing anything and everything on the deck
- walking about a mile to the liquor store for some wine and then being totally embarrassed to walk the mile back with a big, brown bag in our hands (we received glares from passing drivers and impressed nods from other walkers)
- biking really fast along the trails in KC because I’m paranoid some freak is going to jump out of the bushes, steal me, take me far away, and make me his/her personal slave (note to any weirdos out there: I am armed and dangerous)
- taking walks at night (tip to the guys: one of the best dates in my humble opinion)
Here are the ways we have not been enjoying the fabulous weather:
- not going to the park for a romantic picnic because Lloyd would rather watch the Masters (I watched a bit too, but was really just looking for more planes flying overhead with funny messages directed at no golfer in particular)
- That’s about it. I tried to convince Lloyd to spend the day at the park last week and he promptly turned me down at least 5 times. Fail.
How have you all been enjoying this fabulous weather?
If you’re reading this post from a feed reader, feel free to come over and check out the actual site since I’ve updated the layout this week. Nothing too special, just a bit of a change. Hope you like. 🙂